Swimming Pools in France - Custom Concept and Rapid Installation - Save up to 50% on Any Luxury Pool
We have been building small cheap pools, large luxury pools, infinity pools and natural pools in France since 2004 and so we do know what we are talking about!
We now believe that the Owner Builder route is the best way to get a pool installed in the current economic climate where every pound must be made to count. This is not DIY - the pool installation contractor is simply replaced by Bluepools and three or four trade contractors that do all the work.
So if you want to avoid the Risk involved in using a French based Pool Installation Contractor then this webpage will be the most Important one that you will ever read
Bluepools originally operated from Jonzac in Charente-Maritime in France before Will Witt moved back to the UK in early 2013 (we still have the office in France for the work over there).
Between 2004 and 2012 Bluepools installed nearly 100 pools in South West France as pool installation contractors - we were so busy during 2007 that we had 3 pool installation teams on the go!
Since the recession it has become impossible to maintain the resources required to provide a full pool installation service and so we have changed the way that we operate as described below.
What can go wrong?
Here are some typical quotes that I have heard in the last couple of years:-
“The pool filtration system was undersized ….the dirty pool water made all the kids ill when it was hot last summer”
“We bought a panel pool kit that cost a lot…. We had to empty the pool this spring and one of the long walls has moved about 2 inches into the pool…. I’m worried that it is going to collapse”
“We used a one man band pool firm …….He started in March, took 8 months to build it! … and so we could not use the pool until the next year”
“The digger driver just turned up and dug the hole without any drawings ….. We ended up with a pool where the rain water from the lawn drains into it – and the algae growth in the pool is incredible whenever it rains”
“We never had any drawings of the pool…Just an Estimate …And the Roman Steps were half the size that we were promised by the salesman!”
“We did not have any contract documents … just a hand written Estimate ….when they hit ground water problems the final amount that we paid was over 2 x the Original Estimate”
“We paid him 10,000 Euros up front …..And we have now had a big hole in the garden as well as a great mountain of dirt ….for over a year ….he has just disappeared!
Cowboy Pool Builders
Many Cowboy pool builders are like the Cowboy builders that we see on TV ….. They mean well .... But pure ignorance causes them to make disastrous mistakes – and pools are a lot more difficult to build than house extensions!
And there are a lot of Cowboy Pool Buiulders in France!!!
The Recession has made things a lot Worse!
Unfortunately the recession has just made things a lot worse because the Pool Installation contractors:-
- Cannot afford to keep full-time reliable employees on the Staff
- Have no incentive to get every pool built as quickly as possible
- Delay completion just to keep staff employed and provide a reason for claiming for extra money
- Cannot afford to pay design and planning staff so mistakes are made on site, planning applications are late and materials are not ordered when they should have been
- Have no margin to put right any unforseen problems that crop up
- Cannot design or plan anything other than a bog standard "Hole in the Ground" type of swimming pool
- Run a constant risk that the banks will demand repayment of overdraft that they have to go bust! - so that you lose all the deposit that you may have given them!
All Pool Installation Contractors insist on upfront payments from their Clients
Because of the current circumstances every Pool Builder insists on as much as 40% of the total pool cost before they will even turn up and dig the excavation.
You do not have to have much imagination to realise that you can lose 40% of the cost of a pool in the blink of an eye - if you happen to be unlucky!
The Risk is Avoidable
BUT You do not have to risk losing the pure joy, pride and pleasure that can be gained from an elegant pool in your garden because of poor project execution Bluepools can ensure that you will get that Luxury swimming pool ….on Time ….and within Your Budget.
What is the Bluepools Solution to this massive problem?
It is very simple - Bluepools becomes your Pool Consultant so that the expertise of a Pool Installation Contractor is not required - and you use your Local Builder or a Builder with a good Local Reputation
You can then just rely on the local Builder to carry out the pool construction work in accordance with the Design Drawings and Specification that Bluepools will provide.
We also provide a comprehensive installation manual and we will be on Skype or on the telephone or email providing advice and guidance to both you and Your Builder from Concept to Completion throughout the working week.
At a stroke this removes all the risk of employing an unknown Pool Installation Contractor that will want a lot of money up-front before he even starts on site.
Just imagine the feeling when you are poised over your computer keyboard about to transfer 20,000 € into the bank account of someone that you do not really know from Adam!
Most of the Risk of losing money is also avoided because:-
- There are no up-front payments because the builder is payed on a weekly basis after he has carried out the work.
The Risk of sub-standard pool equipment is also avoided because:-
- Bluepools will supply top quality equipment provided by Procopi, Annonay Productions or Ascomat - the best quality equipment and liner suppliers in France
What is the best type of pool to install in France?
The cheapest and fastest solution is a fibre-glass pool -See Fibre-glass Pool Installation
PVC Liner Pools with Polyblok walls
These are another good option if you do not like the dull finish of a fiber-glass swimming pool.
In some ways PVC liners are simply "The best thing since sliced bread" for outdoor pools.
- Prices and Costs that provide a top quality swimming pool at an affordable level
- Bespoke Pools! The complete flexibility of the PolyBloK system allows us to quickly provide special pool designs to suit any circumstance irrespective of whether you want a pool on a cliff-top, on a steep slope, in a quarry, in an old barn or just a very luxurious infinity edge pool!
- Insulation against Heat Loss! Hollow polystyrene blocks filled with high strength concrete that both insulate the pool and make sure that the walls won't collapse!
- Low Installation Cost! Low cost but high quality polystyrene block wall formers; No need for highly skilled and costly labour; No need for special concrete pumping equipment.
- The weather sensitive multi-coat rendering process that concrete block pools require and that can add months to the pool construction period is completely avoided.
- A Short Installation period:- all help to reduce the cost of a PolyBloK pool to half the cost of a tiled pool.
- Running Costs and Comfort! Pool water heating costs reduced to lower level and pool maintainable at higher temperatures
- Structural Strength! Very high strength vertical bars every 250 mm along the walls that are also continously reinforced by similar bars that run right around the pool wall perimeter at the top of every 270 mm high block
- Resistance to Ice Loading! ARConWall slabs that prop the top of the pool wall allowing the pool to be emptied at any time if there is an ice threat and ensure that the paving round the pool never subsides
- Maintenance Costs! No more regrouting of the tiles every 5 or 6 years, no more leaks that are impossible to find!
- Reliability! Using through the wall Pool Equipment by Procopi the leading European pool equipment manufacturer
- Renewability! Restore your pool to its sparkling best by eventual liner renewal at a fraction of the cost of re-tiling
- Cleaning Ease! Get those stains caused by fake suntan cream off the pool wall easily so that the pool never has a permanent scum line
- Resistance to Hard Water! Avoid the build-up of limescale on the pool wall on the water line by the easy to clean vinyl liner
- Comfort in Use! The soft clean vinyl liner on the pool floor supported by special underfelt is comfortable and safe to walk on without any hard tiled edges to the deeper pool areas.
Shotcrete Pools with Mosaic Tiled Finish
Many people are just not happy with the concept of a vinyl liner pool and would prefer a tiled pool.
There are a quite a few Shotcrete installation firms in France and Bluepools can design these pools (we have done hundreds in Nevada and California) and get a French shotcrete firm to carry out the installation.
You can read a lot more about shotcrete pools on our sister website:-
or here at:-
The big advantage of these pools is that they can be built in a massive variety of different shapes and size at virtually no extra cost!
Many people that build pools on the French Mediterranean coast install shotcrete pools because of the difficult sites that many of these properties are built on.
Your Order would be placed with Bluepools Limited that is a UK Company incorporated in England. Bluepools Limited does not have permanent offices outside the UK so does not have all the Overhead Costs associated – for instance - with the French Social Security system and other costs.
Pool Installation companies in France "Mark up" the basic pool cost by up to 50% to cover over heads and profit. Builders "Mark ups" are always a lot lower and often less than 10% .
This reduction in cost easily covers the Bluepools Fees and so the overall pool installation is a lot cheaper and more or less completely Risk Free - simply because the "Pool Expert" is on your side and not that of the Pool Installer!
There is no TVA at 19.6% to pay on the Total Project Cost
The TVA on the pool equipment is paid by Bluepools and is included in the Pool Equipment cost.
Most local Builders will work inside the TVA threshold and so there will be no TVA to pay on the labour cost.
And most importantly you will not be paying TVA on the markup on the pool cost that the Pool Installation Contractors add for their profits and overheads - YES - it is 100% true they take the basic pool cost and add 40 - 50% - and you have to pay 19.6% on the percentage that they add.
It is no wonder pools built like this as so expensive!
This is now well established concept in France that Bluepools has been using for two years.
This includes a pool for Mr Hamish Macdonald that we built in this way in Villefranche de Rouerque in Aveyron.
I am at les Pesquies for a few days. We have a beautiful looking pool that several people have commented upon with admiration and expressed interest in having one themselves and knowing how we got it built. I have been happy to respond with two positive references for prospective clients.
Why does it reduce your risk so much?
- You will have a direct contract with the Local Builder and so be in complete control of costs and expenditure on labour and builders materials because they will be working in accordance with the contract documents that Bluepools provides for you.
- Normally you will pay the Local Builder after the work has been completed and so you know that your money is totally safe.
- You will negotiate directly with the Local Builder if you want something changed or additional work and in the event that they ask for extra payment for some reason or other.
- They will not be able to blind you with techno mumbo-jumbo as some Pool Installers are inclined to do!
- In the unlikely event of a dispute Bluepools can investigate the background and advise on whether the work is up to the required standard and whether any additional payment is justified or not.
- Your own builder will always be more reliable than a costly Pool Contractor that you have found in the Local Yellow Pages - And he does not need to be a Pool expert when you have got Bluepools in your Team!
- The combination of the Drawings / Specifications and Installation manual that Bluepools provides and the Bluepools Quality Control systems required under the Contract will guarantee that Your Pool will be built to the Highest Standard at the most Economical Cost.
So remember - to get a top quality pool and the best value for money
You must have:-
A Pool Design prepared by an experienced professional pool designer
Top quality, correctly sized Equipment
And a builder that will build things in accordance with the drawings and specification
We provide Items 1 and 2.
You will need to have or find a reliable local builder
Chartered Civil Engineer
B.Eng. C.Eng. M.I.C.E.
PS - Avoid the Disaster of having a Bombsite in your garden for years!
PPS - Avoid that awful sensation of transferring 20,000€ into the bank account of a firm that you do not really know
PPPS - Save yourself lots of money and make sure that you enjoy the pride, pleasure and satisfaction from getting the attactive and reliable swimming pool that you want by 31st ? 201?